Not sure who all the upstream(s) involved might be, but from my personal
PoV at least you can add all the options you like… the topic gets harder
if we talk defaults & changing (e.g.) the lists completely (like that
tabular verbose-explosion thingy from apk or whatever it was). At some
point it might make sense to extended apt-patterns so that current (and
future) lists can be expressed in them and then add some more options to
format those lists/tables/… at which point we could have different
templates and so options/choices galore. I think aptitude has formatting
to some extend of its lists. One of my first apt patches that was never
merged was actually about reordering/coloring the lists… that failed, so
I am very positive that a much bigger yak will be shaved more easily and
faster many years later. ;)

Precedence of the initial ask is 'can be autoremoved' btw, which is not
displayed, displays a full list, an even fuller list in version mode or
displays a single line with how many packages could be autoremoved
depending on config.

P.S.: On a multi-arch system nearly every Depends is a choice even
without or-groups: given that you e.g. pick banana:amd64 or banana:i386
for an M-A:foreign banana. And the t64 transition added a quadrillion of
real vs. virtual bananas at least until everyone depends on bananat64.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  When apt keeps back packages due to phased updates, it should list
  them separately

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  After phased updates have been introduced, it may happen that apt
  upgrade shows packages as upgradable but ends up not upgrading them.
  In this case the packages are indicated as being "kept back".

  Unfortunately, the feedback provided about this to the user is not
  very informative. The user sees the packages being kept back and
  thinks something is going wrong on the system.

  When packages are kept back because of phased updates, apt should say
  so e.g., it should say that the upgrade is delayed.

  Incidentally note that aptitude does not respect phased updates.

  Package: apt 2.4.7
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown