** Attachment added: "with-comment.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/2063484/+attachment/5770431/+files/with-comment.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Other Software now displays the Suites instead of the Comments

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Since updating from Ubuntu 24.04 (from 23.10), software-properties-gtk
  shows the wrong field in the UI for Other Software.

  Where it should show the Comment field, it shows the Suites field. It
  only does it if there is a value in Comment though.

  For instance, imagine I have Inkscape PPA as a software source, with
  the Suites “hirsute” and the Comment “Inkscape”. In the UI, it will
  show “hirsute” instead of “Inkscape” as a title like it used to do. If
  I empty the Comment field, it does remove the title and “hirsute” is
  not displayed.

  One more thing from the upgrade: all the Comment fields’ content got
  lost in the process. So I have no some sources that I can’t remember
  why I had installed, even though I have software coming from them,
  which I had indicated in Comment.

  This has been working well for the past 10-15 years, so it’s
  definitely a mistake that has been introduced with the new version.
  The field edit dialogue has changed a little bit, so I’m guessing that
  change introduced the bug.