** Description changed:

- I just do-release-upgraded from Jammy to Noble on a pretty minimal
- server.
+ [Impact]
+ Upgrades from jammy to noble sometimes end up without systemd-resolved being
installed, breaking networking as the system already migrated to resolved in
jammy and now it disappears.
+
+ [Test plan]
+ Sadly we have so far been unable to reproduce the issue so we cannot provide
a test plan to verify the fix right now. That said, the fix is the minimal
"install it after marking the upgrades", so it should be obviously correct (TM).
+
+ [Where problems could occur]
+ Problems could be expected around Conflicts/Breaks from or to
systemd-resolved.
+
+ systemd-resolved Provides and Conflicts with resolvconf, but it is the
+ only provider in the archive.  systemd-resolved has no other Conflicts.
+
+ There are no reverse-Breaks or reverse-Conflicts for systemd-resolved.
+
+ Other dependency issues could occur if the dependencies of systemd-
+ resolved are unsatisfiable, however, systemd-resolved only requires
+ essential packages, systemd packages, and a dbus system bus.
+
+ [Original bug report]
+ I just do-release-upgraded from Jammy to Noble on a pretty minimal server.

  After upgrade, network was fine but DNS names could not be resolved. I
  discovered systemd-resolved wasn't installed. I copied and installed
  that package manually, which immediately resolved the problem.

  So I assume this is a mistake in the upgrade process.

  Package: systemd-resolved 255.4-1ubuntu8
  ApportVersion: 2.28.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown