I am curious about the difference between using "Font Replacer" and the
Google android fonts workaround to display Chinese characters.

I've been using the Google Android fonts method. The font looks nice and
everything, but I've find upgrading squeezebox touch to be problematic.
Occasionally, after the upgrade, the screen would come up blank, unless
I do a factory default. This wipes out the Android font and I have to
find the instructions and re-do it again.

Does Font Replacer works the same way as the android font method? It's
info seems to indicate it won't replace the UI font, so I am curious how
exactly it works.

Thanks.