Maik

On 30 Oct 2006, at 12:00, Maik Holtkamp wrote:

Hi,

0n 06/10/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:52 Paul Bawon told me:

I'm currently working on a project whereby I need to create a video
file from an mp3 audio track and one jpg image. I've been researching
Transcode to see whether this is possible (as well as ffmpeg), and
have attempted a few Demuxing techniques, but to no avail.

Which output format or media do you need?

I need it in a .mpg (MPEG2) with a mp3 audio layer.

There are probably less expensive ways to get the result you want
without producing a video at all. Further something like dvd or
(sv)cd offers some features where you can mix sound with stil images.
Have a look at dvdslideshow, if in need.

Unfortunately it has to be played back by a portable media player that only plays .mpg

In more general you can use transcodes imlist import module. Take a
look at the duration of the mp3 file lets say its 3 min long.
Further lets assume you want a 25 fps mpeg4 file. Scale the image to
the desired output size. Create a file image.list with 3x60x25 entrys
for that image.

transcode -i image.list -x imlist,mp3 -p Auido.mp3 -o film.avi \
          -y ffmpeg -F mpeg4

Probalby you have to play with -k and/or use --use_rgb.

I have located the command via ffmpeg to achieve what I need. For future reference it is:

ffmpeg -shortest \
  -loop_input -f image2 -i some_image.jpg \
  -i some_audio.mp3 \
  -sameq some_result.avi

Then I use ffmpeg to convert the .avi to mpg.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards
Paul

Paul Bawon