Hi Roboq6,

I understand your frustration as I'm in the same boat to a certain degree.

Here's my solution, take it step by step and realize that you won't get there overnight:

1) Great tutorials at www.tldp.org (click on "Guides" in the middle of the page)
     a) Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
     b) GNU/Linux Command-Line Tools Summary
     c) The Linux System Administrators' Guide
d) Bash Beginners' Guide (if you're so inclined, I'm not really there yet)
     e) Advanced Bash Scripting Guide (only when you're ready)

Note that these are all dated, but they all have great information that is still very relevant -- and they can all be downloaded to read at your leisure.

2) Other tutorials -- I don't recall the exact websites where these came from, but any good search engine (I recommend Startpage.com) can find them for you
     a) Linux Essentials - The LPI Introductory Programme
     b) Linux Fundamentals by Paul Cobbaut
     c) The Linux® Command Line by William E. Shotts, Jr.

These are all also free and downloadable.

3) Books from the library or a second-hand store
     a) I'm reading "Linux Essentials" by Roderick Smith, good basic stuff
b) Next up is "Linux Administration Handbook" -- I've glanced at this, and it's the best-written computer book I've ever seen.

For me it's been a journey of a few months, but I took some serious detours into Javascript, PHP, and SQL -- without the detours I'd already be an intermediate user. Do a little bit every day, have some patience, and celebrate your learning. It's awesome stuff.

Good luck!