Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on with the security code in the
rundata_security_changes branch but I think we're veering off a bit:

1. The security model should be completely self contained, so that the new
   model that you (eric and gonzo) should be completely isolated in the
   o.a.t.security.turbine package. There shouldn't be any interfaces in
   the o.a.t.security package except for the SecurityManager.

2. We agreed that SecurityManager is going to be the controlling unit for
   security. A SecurityManager may use several SecurityModels in
   an application. I am -1 on the use of Policy as a replacement for
   SecurityManager: I don't want to use JAAS nomenclature at the top
   level and I would like to follow the patterns used Stratum and
   Fulcrum where we have Xmanager. I don't think policy accurately
   describes what something like a security manager would do.

I am about get the fulcrum security stuff working so I would like to push
all currently proposed security code into o.a.t.security.turbine so it's
self contained and make a new o.a.t.security.fulcrum package where I will
bundle all the classes that are bound to fulcrum.

The other I had for gonzo and eric is: can't you primarily use what's in
fulcrum as a basis and fix what was a problem? I haven't started looking in
depth at the proposed code I'm just asking. I know the current security code
is problematic but I'd say it's 80% there interface wise.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org