>> So - let me see if I unbderstand fully what you're advising.  I remove
>> reference to jsdk.jar or servlet.jar from build-turbine.sh, and it won't
>> build.  I remove references from these two files from tomcat.sh, and tomcat
>> won't start.  I'm a little confused here.....
>>
>> - George Pipkin

>...maybe someone else here can volunteer to help you.
>
>-jon

Hi,

I feel slight responsible for the confusion because of some erroneous
info I gave you earlier and then retracted.

By the way to refresh myself on this thread, I consulted

   http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine%40list.working-dogs.com/
   http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine%40list.working-dogs.com/msg01410.html

It seems like you have three issues here which are pretty much independent.

  #1. how to configure Tomcat
  #2. how to build Turbine for use with Tomcat
  #3. how to overcome the infinite redirect problem

I think I gave you erroneous instruction about #1 and #2 because
I am so much more familiar with JServ than with Tomcat.
JSDK-2.0 should normally never enter into #1 because Tomcat
implements a later version of servlets (2.2 instead of 2.0).

I understand that Turbine works with 2.2 just as well as 2.0,
but I'm not sure.  So I think that jsdk-2.0 shouldn't even
enter into #2, but again I'm not sure.

With regard to #3 I have no idea.

OK.  Sorry for the confusion I caused.
Hopefully, this message can set this thread back on a footing
where people who actually know the answers to your questions
can contribute.  ;-)

Stephen