>>NO. Actually STM doesn't make your servlet non-MT at all. It only means
>>that one request goes to one INSTANCE of your servlet. The servlet engine
>>can still create multiple instances of your servlet and if you have a
>>static variable in there, you will need to syncronize it. STM is a bad
>>stupid thing and you should never use it. Learning MT is much better and
>>easier.

I understand that STM is not a good thing - just trying to draw a
distinction. I do have some MT experience in C++ and in Java, but I wouldn't
call myself an expert.

>>Anyway, what are you trying to get at here? What exactly do you see as a
>>problem? The overall design of Turbine is about 3 years old now and is
>>well proven to work and be efficient. Unless you have a real problem, this
>>discussion is moot since nothing will be changing. :-)

No big deal - just trying to see how the world fits together :-)

On the Turbine deployments question, has Turbine been deployed in a large
transaction volume environment? I know metrics are a hard thing to pin down,
but do you have a general sense of it's range of use?

Again, not asking for any change, just trying to understand what Turbine is
and what it's capable of.

Thanks!

Sam