I'm in the process of consolidating the parsepath methods
for WM templates.  In doing so, here's what I've come up with:
Parsepaths for screens and layouts must be separate from a parsepath
for navigations.

Here's why - you can never be sure that there's a
one-to-one relationship between layout subdirectories and navigation
subdirectories.  Take the case where you have a standard footer
navigation that you want to use in several layouts.

So, what I'm doing is creating 2 loaders - one for Layout/Screens and
one for navigations. The loader extends Genericloader and contain all
the code for parsing the paths and packages.

This gives you the ability to cache the screen/layouts and navigation
names so you won't have to parse the paths on each hit.  It also makes
the caching configurable ( turn on/off ) via the properties file

So, in the WebMacroSitePage you have one call such as:

TemplateHolder  holder =
WebMacroScreenLayoutLoader.getInstance().exec(data, templatename);

And in the WebMacroNavigation you'll have:

TemplateHolder  holder =
WebMacroNavigationLoader.getInstance().exec( data, templatename);

The TemplateHolder is just an object to hold the information in the
cache.

This looks like the cleanest solution to me.

Thoughts?

 --
dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]