On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, you wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Being a newbie to both turbine and CVS, I am a little unsure of how to
> proceed as I attempt to set up turbine. We are in the process of developing
> a new system, and I have very limited time to get a page up and working with
> turbine before we have to abandon the whole notion of using a framework.
> (Believe me, the time frame is beyond my control, otherwise I would take as
> much time as necessary to do it right the first time.)
>
> I have accomplished the following:
> - downloaded and installed the TDK (tdk-1.1a9.tar.gz from 16-Nov-2000)
> - set up my environment...
>   * JAVA_HOME,
>   * TOMCAT_HOME,
>   * JAKARTA_HOME,
>   * CLASSPATH, like so:
>     setenv CLASSPATH
> .:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/ant.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/jasper.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/serv
> llet.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/test:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/webserver.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/li
> b/xml.jar:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/csa:$TOMCAT_HOME/web
> apps/csa/WEB-INF/lib:$JAKARTA_HOME/jaxp
>   * PATH addition:
>     set path=($path $JAVA_HOME/bin)
> - used newapp to create a new application called 'csa'
> - started the webserver and found '/site' and '/csa/servlet/csa' on port
> 8080
> - downloaded and installed jaxp
>
> Now I see that the instructions in the /site/build area of the newly created
> tomcat installation gives a list of "Things to checkout and build from cvs".
>
> Where are these CVS archives? Did they come with the TDK?
>
> Are these instructions correct, because they do not seem to agree with those
> at the turbine website at: http://java.apache.org/turbine/install.html
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

I think you're over-complicating things.

If you  downloaded the pre-built TDK you don't need to get anything from
CVS.

CD into the TDK directory and follow the directions in README-FIRST.txt
If you follow the directions you'll have a screen up and running in a
minute or so.  NOTE: The first screen in a newapp will be slow.  This is
due to the classloader in Tomcat NOT Turbine.  Turbine runs much faster in
other engines.

Hope this helps.
--
Dave Bryson