Sorry, that should be

List v = FooPeer.doSelectVillageRecords(c);

the List/Vector will then contain Record objects.  Partial selection of
attributes to fill when building objects has not been implemented
(though if anyone has suggestions they are welcome.)

And I would also like to point out that these Records should be
considered read only objects, but I should add that to the javadoc.

John McNally