To: "Glenn K0LNY" <glenner...@cableone.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: loss of Internet Access on Ubuntu 10.04

Hi Glenn,

In /etc/network-interfaces/network-interfaces.d are sample files for
different type network installs.  One of them will have wlan0 in it
and have that connected to eth0.  That one may help if you copy it to
/etc/network-interfaces but first check the content of
/etc/network-interfaces if it exists to make sure you don't overwrite
anything valuable.  The contents of /etc/resolv.conf may prove
informative too.

Have you tried
dhcpcd
also
dhclient
yet?
Before you do those dhcpcd and dhclient commands try iproute -a and
then see where you find yourself.
If this is a new laptop Ubuntu 10.4 likely won't know all about its
hardware.
You may need to install debian firmware edition.

If you'd like it let me know and I'll see if I can send you a script
to download the iso.