I made virtualbox test machine and attempted to use the previously
mentioned ppas and got the following message.

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/mysql-server-5.1_5.1.22rc-2~ppa5_i386.deb:
pre-dependency problem - not installing mysql-server-5.1

--
Backport of mysql-*-5.1
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/403562