On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 10:14:06AM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> Do you have evidence that has actually happened to anyone in this
> case? I was able to vote quite easily, and it seems (from your ML
> comments) that both Christian and yourself were as well, and Christian
> provided explicit steps earlier in this email thread.

The low turnout so far suggests that there might be a problem. I've
additionally had one piece of feedback ending in "...so I gave up. Maybe
others did too"[1].

> Can you clarify what will happen at the announced end of the election
> tomorrow? Will the election end, or will you extend it? What is the
> criteria you will use to decide to extend or adjust the election?
> What's the next steps if the election is extended?

I have yet to decide. Feedback from others appreciated.

One thing I might try to do is arrange a mailshot directly myself -
perhaps using my @canonical.com address - since I think that might get
through to Gmail users OK. This would be just to alert the electorate to
the existing posts to ubuntu-devel-announce@ and ubuntu-devel@. I could
just provide archive links. I can't differentiate between people who
have voted and people who have not, so this would have to go to everyone
I have down as eligible (for whom I have a valid address).

Robie

[1] With my help in identifying the correct alias this person reports
they have now voted, so that's good.