On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 12:13:29PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 12:32:38PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 05:41:04PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> > > I've arranged for MPs against git-ubuntu repositories to appear in the
> > > sponsorship queue[1].
>
> > I was using the fact that ~ubuntu-sponsors is requested for review in a
> > git-ubuntu MP to make it appear in the sponsorship queue. But if
> > somebody in ~ubuntu-sponsors reviews (let's say with Needs Fixing) then
> > they "grab" that review slot, and ~ubuntu-sponsors no longer has one. I
> > think this might cause the entry to disappear from the sponsorship queue
> > - for example after the contributor has fixed the issue.
>
> > Any suggestions on what I should do instead?
>
> You don't have to claim the ~ubuntu-sponsors review slot to leave comments
> on an MP...

The problem we had on the server team was "accidentally" claiming it. I
believe that if ~ubuntu-sponsors has a review slot, you're a member of
~ubuntu-sponsors and you vote eg. "Needs Fixing", then the
~ubuntu-sponsors slot automatically gets claimed by you.

Maybe there's a nuance I'm missing. I'm concerned that the existing
workflow will lead to MPs inadvertently disappearing from the queue like
this.