Hey guys, the deadline for council nominations is now over.  There was
only applicant this go around, so there is no need for an election.
As such, I immediately announce Stephen Michael Kellat as the newest
Ubuntu Ohio Council member!  Please congratulate him when you get a
chance.

At the same time, I've spent much deliberation about my own
participation in the Ubuntu community lately.  Given the many
community-less top-down forcible changes over the past couple years,
it has become more and more clear that my ideals simply do not align
with that of Ubuntu's mother organization.  I also realize that in a
way by continuing to be involved, my kindness has been taken advantage
of.  As such, I've decided that I will no longer sacrifice my own time
to the benefit of that organization.  So, also effective immediately,
I am stepping down from the council and ubuntu-us-ohio.  That said, I
still think Ubuntu Ohio and its people are great, but I now consider
the direct link to the mother organization unacceptable. I'll still
hang out in IRC and you'll find me at OLF, but I have to separate
myself from the group due to the above reasoning.

That said, congratulations to Stephen, and best of luck to everyone!

Gilbert