I notice the upstream bug report is closed as 'not a bug' - IOW forcing
the dpi to 96 is by design.  We were actually patching X to do the same
thing before they started doing it there as well, so this is not
something we're liable to want to change.  Perhaps some better
configuration logic in kde would help?

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  [gm45] wrong screen size detected on X200s