Interesting, I notice the nvidia driver version being reported here is
the same as it was on the other bug:

NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  285.05.33  Thu Jan 19
15:24:04 PST 2012

and that's quite old.  I wonder if your installation got corrupted?

Anyway, this is the cause of your performance loss.  From Xorg.0.log it
indicates this old nvidia is not compatible with the xserver, so is
running in some sort of compatibility mode:

[   625.647] (WW) NVIDIA: This server has an unsupported input driver ABI
version (have 16.0, need < 14.0).  The driver will continue to load, but may
behave strangely.
[   626.504] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  285.05.33  Thu Jan 19 15:25:37 PST
2012

Why don't you try completely removing and purging nvidia from your
system, and then reinstalling -nvidia through jockey again.  Doublecheck
that your /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows "NVIDIA dlloader X Driver 295" or
similar.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Huge processor's loading by Xorg process when nvidia proprietary
  drivers installed