Today some updates to Lubuntu 12.04 change the behaviour to double tap = right
click.
I consider that a  bug and would like to see it fixed. I have a right button my
me EeePC.

synclient TapButton3=3 TapButton2=2 fixes it temporarily.

With every Fedora and Ubuntu release these problems crop up, I guess it
is because some Gnome devs think the Mac way of doing things is always
right. It is really annoying.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Touchpad: Action for middle and right click is reversed since jaunty