I agree a touchpad config tool would be nice. I would suggest checking out
blueprints if one exists for a unified touchpad control follow it and even if
you are not a programer a am sure there are things you could do to help. if you
can't find one you can go about creating a blueprint for defineing a future
feature. hopefully this helps.
Chris

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Too many places to set up a touchpad