@Sebastien Bacher

Windows defaults:
- two finger tap, three finger tap: no action (typical version of Synaptics
drivers doesn't make use of these, however Synaptics Gestures Suite - if
provided by the laptop manufacturer - may add support for three finger tap),
- one finger scrolling on side of the touchpad.

MacOS defaults:
- I believe that it can be configured so that two finger tap acts as right
click, but then again Mac mice haven't got a right button anyway,
- two finger scrolling.

Linux defaults *for years* before Karmic:
- two finger tap as middle click, three finger tap as right click,
- one finger scrolling on side of the touchpad,
- I noticed that two finger scrolling is recently on by default, however it is
sometimes hard to properly distinguish between two finger tap and two finger
scroll, so I chose to disable scrolling.

--
Touchpad: Action for middle and right click is reversed since jaunty
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.