I'm sad to say that the problem is back on my Samsung NP-N210.
I've googled through many articles, tried many changes, but problem still
occurs.
To be more exact, it gets OK sometimes, and sometimes following actions help:

gconftool -s /desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad/touchpad_enabled -t boolean
false
gconftool -s /desktop/gnome/peripherals/touchpad/touchpad_enabled -t boolean
true

sudo modprobe -r mouse
sudo modprobe -r psmouse

if I run "syndaemon", I receive the message "Unable to find a synaptics device."
Tried to change xorg.conf file with many ways, but successful.

What I also tried is to set "TouchPad" as "AlwaysCore" in xorg.conf, it helped
for some time but then the problem was back.
Done the fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 from USB, formatted drive, but useless.
Donno what to do. Confused, frustrated,,,

The module is loaded according to Xorg.0.log:
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
(II) Module synaptics: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 7.0

And then it's reloaded:
(II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
(II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so

But then it's unloaded:
(II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 1.2.2
TouchPad no synaptics event device found
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
(**) Option "SHMConfig" "on"
(**) Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
(**) Option "RightEdge" "5300"
(**) Option "TopEdge" "1700"
(**) Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
(**) Option "FingerLow" "25"
(**) Option "FingerHigh" "30"
(**) Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
(**) Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
(**) Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
(**) Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
(**) Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
(**) Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
Query no Synaptics: 6003C8
(--) TouchPad: no supported touchpad found
(EE) TouchPad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "TouchPad"
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"

But sometimes, when the messages are the same in the log file, the touchpad is
functioning.
Really unpredictable behavior.
Finally I bought wireless mouse and it has solved my issue without the touchpad.

--
[10.04] Touchpad stops working after login
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.