Philipp Reichmuth wrote:

What am I supposed do when I need a black a with a red macron? Or for a less obscure example, an Arabic text with the letters correctly ligated, in black, and the vowel marks in another colour, such as in practically *any* printed edition of the Koran?

Philipp

If this is important, rather than trying to overload the current markup, the way to make this possible is to propose to W3C a new style property for CSS so that you could have:

- Chris