My point was that Realsoft was alone in the Linux market as a serious 3D solution.

And since the Amiga Workbench, there have been no evolution in operating system (only improvements).

Linux is not an easy solution, the main problem is there is no standard on Linux : there is 75 different version. Only the core is the same. And that's why it will never succeed for regular users. I consider myself as a superuser, but sometimes it's difficult and annoying even for me.

The hardware industry does not support Linux, and when they do they don't do it happily.
But for expert and professional, Linux is the absolute solution.

Microsoft on the other hand never stop releasing different version of the same OS. There are 3 different version of windows7 (basic, home, ultimate), why??? Stupid M$.

Linux is better in handling security, multiple users, file sharing with protection, connecting to a server. Linux server is 0$ while the microsoft solution is 3000$ and it always need to be restarted at least once a week.

I had to abandoned ubuntu recently because after an update, my sound card stopped, no solution on the internet.
Hardware is the problem on Linux.

And the last time I checked Realsoft was not running perfectly on my Ubuntu.

The solution is not easy for me : Windows you pay and it work, Linux is free but you waste time and you don't know if it will work in the end.

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.NeuroWorld.ws