Hey
When deciding which sstables to compact together, how is the priority
determined between tasks, and can I do something about it?

In some cases (mostly after removing a node), it takes a while for
compactions to keep up with the new data the came from removed nodes, and I
see it is busy on huge compaction tasks, but in the meantime a lot of small
sstables are piling up (new data that is coming from the application, so
read performance is not good, new data is scattered in many sstables, and
probably combining big sstables won't help reduce fragmentation as much (I
think).

Another thing that comes to mind, is perhaps I have a table that is very
big, but not being read that much, would be nice to have other tables have
higher compaction priority (to help in a case like I described above).

Version is 4.0.4

Gil