From: Bhavesh Prajapati via user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2023 20:44
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Cc: Bhavesh Prajapati
Subject: Backup and Restore Strategy and Tools

NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open
attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi,

I have 48 nodes, single DC, Apache Cassandra cluster running in Prod – version
is 4.0.6.
Currently, we are using a home-grown backup script based on nodetool snapshot
that uploads backup to s3. We are using a home-grown restore script to recover
incase of disaster.

I am looking for a guidance on what is a good backup and restore strategy when
cluster has 48 nodes.
Is it possible to use Datastax OpsCenter for Apache Cassandra cluster ? Is it
available to use for free ?
Is there any other UI or Command line tools that you recommend ?

Thanks,
Bhavesh