Is there a limit on how many DataStreams can be defined in a streaming program?

Looks like flink has problems handling too many data streams? I simplified my
topology further. For eg, this works (parallelism of 4)

However, when I try to go beyond 51 (found empirically by parametrizing
nParts), it barfs again. Submission fails, it wants me to increase
akka.client.timeout

Here is the reduced code for repro (union at the end itself is not an issue).
It is the parallelism of the first for loop:
int nParts = cfg.getInt("dummyPartitions", 4);
boolean combineAtEnd = cfg.getBoolean("dummyCombineAtEnd", true);

// create lots of streams
List<SingleOutputStreamOperator<String>> streams = new ArrayList<>(nParts);
for (int i = 0; i < nParts; i++) {
  streams.add(env
      .readFile(
          new TextInputFormat(new Path("/tmp/input")),
          "/tmp/input",
          FileProcessingMode.PROCESS_CONTINUOUSLY,
          1000,
          FilePathFilter.createDefaultFilter())
      .setParallelism(1).name("src"));
}

if (combineAtEnd == true) {
  DataStream<String> combined = streams.get(0);
  for (int i = 1; i < nParts; i++) {
    combined = combined.union(streams.get(i));
  }
  combined.print().setParallelism(1);
} else { // die parallel
  for (int i = 1; i < nParts; i++) {