Hi
I think there is a good way in FlinkKafkaProducerBase.java to deal with
this situation. There is a KeyedSerializationSchema user have to implement.
  KeyedSerializationSchema will be used to serialize data, so that
SinkFunction just need to understand the type after serialization.
In your case, I think you can add a SerializationSchema interface in
SinkFunction. And user have to implement the SerializationSchema, maybe
named Tuple2SerializationSchema.