Hi Soheil,

I’ve used Avro in the past, but I’m no expert - so I could be missing something
obvious here…

But if you don’t know any of the fields in the schema, then what processing
would you do with the data in your Flink workflow?

— Ken

> On Jan 27, 2019, at 5:50 AM, Soheil Pourbafrani <soheil.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> According to the Flink document, it's possible to load Avro file like the
> following:
> AvroInputFormat<User> users = new AvroInputFormat<User>(in, User.class);
> DataSet<User> usersDS = env.createInput(users);
> It's a bit confusing for me. I guess the User is a predefined class. My
> question is can Flink detect the Avro file schema automatically? How can I
> load Avro file without any predefined class?

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
Custom big data solutions & training
Flink, Solr, Hadoop, Cascading & Cassandra