Hi all,

I need to use the broadcast state mechanism
(https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/stream/state/broadcast_state.html)
 for the next scenario.

I have a reference data stream (slow) and an events stream (fast running) and I
want to do a kind of lookup in the reference stream for each
event. The broadcast state mechanism seems to fit perfect the scenario.

>From documentation:
As an example where broadcast state can emerge as a natural fit, one can
imagine a low-throughput stream containing a set of rules which we want to
evaluate against all elements coming from another stream.

However, I am not sure what is the correct way to delay the consumption of the
fast running stream until the slow one is fully read (in case of a file) or
until a marker is emitted (in case of some other source). Is there any way to
accomplish that? It doesn't seem to be a rare use case.

Thanks, Vadim.