Hi,

We are currently running Flink 1.9.0. We see a delay of around 20 seconds
in order to start a job on a session Flink cluster. We start the job using
Flink's monitoring REST API where our jar is already uploaded on Job
Manager. Our jar file size is around 200 MB. We are using memory state
backend having GCS as remote storage.

On running the cluster in debug mode, we observed that generating the plan
itself takes around 6 seconds and copying job graph from local to the
remote folder takes around 10 seconds.

We were wondering whether this delay is expected or if it can be reduced
via tweaking any configuration?

Thank you. Regards
Prakhar Mathur