 From: Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
To: user@flume.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop jars

Flume installs all required binaries, except for Hadoop (and the dependencies
it would pull in) and HBase. This is because Flume, like most other Hadoop
ecosystem components is meant to work against binary incompatible versions of
Hadoop (Hadoop-1/Hadoop2). So instead of packaging hadoop jars with Flume, we
expect Hadoop to be available on the machines you are running Flume on. Once
you install Hadoop you should not have any dependency issues. Same is true for
HBase.

Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

Easiest way is to install cdh binary and point your flume's classpath to it.