From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 1:55 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: MFA on RDP

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 3:35 AM Wesley de Graaf
<wes...@workspace365.net<mailto:wes...@workspace365.net>> wrote:
Hi,

Sometimes we encounter an issue with the default timeout on the RDP connection
in the guacamole. As far as we know the default is 15 seconds. But in some
cases a user has to give an MFA consent on RDP connection and then the 15
seconds are to short and the connection is closed and reconnect attempt is
started.

Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

This is something I've looked into in the past - in fact, I have a JIRA issue
opened for the ability to configure timeouts.  Unfortunately, the way RDP
support works in Guacamole, leveraging the FreeRDP libraries, it relies on the
FreeRDP libraries for the ability to set things like timeout, and the FreeRDP
library does not support that, and they have basically refused to implement it.
 So, I'm not sure there's a good answer for this today, except to educate users
that they'd better have MFA ready when they log in so that they can hit that 15
second window.  And, yes, I know that's not a good answer....