Hi Arpit Gupta

Yes,  this way also confirms that short circuit read is enabled on my cluster.

13/02/16 14:07:34 DEBUG hdfs.DFSClient: Short circuit read is true

13/02/16 14:07:34 DEBUG hdfs.DFSClient: New BlockReaderLocal for file
/mnt/DP_disk4/raymond/hdfs/data/current/subdir63/blk_-2736548898990727638 of
size 134217728 startOffset 0 length 134217728 short circuit checksum false

So , any possibility that other setting might impact short circuit read to has
worse performance than read through datanode?

Raymond