Hi,

I am new to the mailing list.

I am using Hadoop 0.20.2 with an append r1056497 version. The question I
have is related to balancing. I have a 5 datanode cluster and each node has
2 disks attached to it. The second disk was added when the first disk was
reaching its capacity.

Now the scenario that I am facing is, when the new disk was added hadoop
automatically moved over some data to the new disk. But over the time I
notice that data is no longer being written to the second disk. I have also
faced an issue on the datanode where the first disk had 100% utilization.

How can I overcome such scenario, is it not hadoop's job to balance the
disk utilization between multiple disks on single datanode?

Thanks
Divye Sheth