Hello list,

I'm currently debugging my Hadoop MR application and I have some general
questions to the messages in the log and the debugging process.

- What does "Container killed by the ApplicationMaster.
Container killed on request. Exit code is 143" mean? What does 143 stand
for?

- I also see the following exception in the log: "Exception from
container-launch:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:464)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:379)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:589)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:283)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.launcher.ContainerLaunch.call(ContainerLaunch.java:79)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)". What does this mean? It
originates from a "Diagnostics report" from a container and the log4j
message level is set to INFO.

- Are there any related links which describe the life cycle of a container?

- Is there a "golden rule" to debug a Hadoop MR application?

- My application is very memory intense... is there any way to profile
the memory consumption of a single container?

Thanks!
Best regards
Yves