Lithium (Klout) powers www.klout.com with HBase. The operations team is 2
full time engineers + the manager (who also does hands on operations work
with the team). This operations team is responsible for the entirety of our
Hadoop stack including the HBase clusters. We have one 165 node Hive
cluster for Data Science and 5 HBase clusters (of varying sizes), 2 of
which are used to power klout.com.

We have strong SLA requirements for klout.com as it is a user facing
product. I don't remember the sizing of our HBase clusters off hand but
they are substantial enough to load user profile data and Klout scores for
approximately 600 million users on a daily basis. I believe the data set is
in the order of several terabytes.