From: Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>; Michael Malak
<michaelma...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: INSERT non-static data to array?

: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3238

This might fit the bill.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Michael Malak <michaelma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Is the only way to INSERT data into a column of type array<> to load data from
a pre-existing file, to use hard-coded values in the INSERT statement, or copy
an entire array verbatim from another table?  I.e. I'm assuming that a) SQL1999
array INSERT via subquery is not (yet) implemented in Hive, and b) there is
also no other way to load dynamically generated data into an array<> column?
If my assumption in a) is true, does a Jira item need to be created for it?