From: Ritesh Agrawal <ragra...@netflix.com<mailto:ragra...@netflix.com>>
Date: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:12 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>"
<user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: UDAF terminatePartial structure

Hi Robin,igor

Thanks for the suggestion and links. Based on examples I found, below is my
UDF. However, I am getting following error when trying to run it. Not sure what
the error means

============= ERROR ====================
FAILED: Hive Internal Error:
java.lang.RuntimeException(java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: [D.<init>())
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: [D.<init>()
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:115)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.ReflectionStructObjectInspector.create(ReflectionStructObjectInspector.java:170)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.ObjectInspectorConverters$StructConverter.<init>(ObjectInspectorConverters.java:225)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.ObjectInspectorConverters.getConverter(ObjectInspectorConverters.java:127)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.ObjectInspectorConverters$StructConverter.<init>(ObjectInspectorConverters.java:221)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.ObjectInspectorConverters.getConverter(ObjectInspectorConverters.java:127)

============= UDF CODE ==================
package com.netflix.hive.udaf;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.lang.reflect.Array;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.List;
import java.util.Set;

import org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Description;
import org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.UDAF;
import org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.UDAFEvaluator;
import org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.io.DoubleWritable;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable;

@Description(
name = "MFFoldIn",
value = "_FUNC_(expr, nb) - Computes latent features for a given item/user
based user/item vectors",
extended = "Example:\n"
)

public class MFFoldIn extends UDAF {

publicstatic class MFFoldInEvaluator implements UDAFEvaluator{
publicstatic class PartialResult{
double[] c1;
double[][] c2;
double[][] c3;
doublewm;
doublelambda;
intitemCount;
double[][] varco;
Set<Long> observedShows;

publicint getDimensionsCount() throws Exception{
if(c1 != null) returnc1.length;
thrownew Exception("Unknown dimension count");
}
}

private UserVecBuilder builder;

publicvoid init() {
builder = null;
}

publicboolean iterate(DoubleWritable wm, DoubleWritable lambda,
IntWritable itemCount, String itemSquaredFile,
DoubleWritable weight, List<Double> lf,
Long item) throws IOException{

double[] lflist = new double[lf.size()];
for(int i=0; i<lf.size(); i++)
lflist[i] = lf.get(i).doubleValue();

if(builder == null) builder = new UserVecBuilder();

if(!builder.isReady()){
builder.setW_m(wm.get());
builder.setLambda(lambda.get());
builder.setItemRowCount(itemCount.get());
builder.readItemCovarianceMatFiles(itemSquaredFile, lflist.length);
}

builder.add(item, lflist, weight.get());

returntrue;

}

public PartialResult terminatePartial(){
PartialResult partial = new PartialResult();
partial.c1 = builder.getComponent1();
partial.c2 = builder.getComponent2();
partial.c3 = builder.getComponent3();
partial.wm = builder.getW_m();
partial.lambda = builder.getLambda();
partial.observedShows = builder.getObservedShows();
partial.itemCount = builder.getItemRowCount();
partial.varco = builder.getVarCovar();
return partial;
}

publicboolean merge(PartialResult other){
if(other == null) returntrue;
if(builder == null) builder = new UserVecBuilder();

if(!builder.isReady()){
builder.setW_m(other.wm);
builder.setLambda(other.lambda);
builder.setItemRowCount(other.itemCount);
builder.setItemCovarianceMat(other.varco);
builder.setComponent1(other.c1);
builder.setComponent2(other.c2);
builder.setComponent3(other.c3);
builder.setObservedShows(other.observedShows);
}else{
builder.merge(other.c1, other.c2, other.c3, other.observedShows);
}
returntrue;
}

publicdouble[] terminate(){