That is correct. Seems like something else is happening.

One thing to see if all your users or more importantly their group is added to
the cluster-admin acl (mapreduce.cluster.administrators)

You should look at mapreduce audit logs (which by default go into JobTracker
logs, search for Audit). It clearly logs which user is killing a job

Thanks,
+Vinod