It should certainly be possible. Can you file a JIRA adding this as a new feature, and if you're so inclined feel free to contribute a patch to add this.

Alan.

Rachna Jotwani Bakhru <mailto:rjotw...@dag.com>
October 14, 2015 at 16:47
We are currently using the HCatalog API to get the Hive Database metadata.
HCatClient with MetaStore uri.
The HCatTable object returned by the HCatClient does not have the view SQL
(view definition).
As a workaround we are using the Hive Metastore API to get the view SQL
from the Table (getViewOriginalText() method) object returned by the
HiveMetaStoreClient.
Would it be possible to fix this in the HCatalog api? Could this attribute
be added to the HCatTable class?

Thanks
Rachna