HPLSQL released with Hive in 2.0, but it hasn’t been integrated as in there
isn’t a single parser that handles HPLSQL and Hive SQL.  The work to integrate
it is significant, and a new feature, so it definitely won’t be done in a bug
fix release but in a feature bearing release (that is 2.x, not 2.0.x).  AFAIK
no one is working on this at the moment.

Alan.