> On Jul 11, 2016, at 16:22, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>       • If I add LLAP, will that be more efficient in terms of memory usage
> compared to Hive or not? Will it keep the data in memory for reuse or not.

Yes, this is exactly what LLAP does.  It keeps a cache of hot data (hot columns
of hot partitions) and shares that across queries.  Unlike many MPP caches it
will cache the same data on multiple nodes if it has more workers that want to
access the data than can be run on a single node.

As a side note, it is considered bad form in Apache to send a message to two
lists.  It causes a lot of background noise for people on the Spark list who
probably aren’t interested in Hive performance.

Alan.