Thanks for all the help and advice, everyone. I don't know how to file a
feature-request for jMeter, so will ask if a contributing developer would
kindly do so. The change seems very simple to implement, so I will download the
jMeter source, make the change and (hopefully) be able to create a custom build
for my own use in the interim. Many thanks, Jose Heitor ---- On Wed, 21 Nov
2018 12:42:25 +0200 Bruno Antunes <bruno.fs.antu...@gmail.com> wrote ----
Analysing source code on JMeter,
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jmeter/trunk/src/protocol/jdbc/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/jdbc/AbstractJDBCTestElement.java?view=markup)
 , the timeout is always passed to the Driver. As commented we should fill an
issue in order to request that feature. I don't see we should not not have that
kind of configuration; not setting and using defaults from drivers should be
valid. In arguments for  timeout value should be >= 0; the 0 means there is no
limit:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/10/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setQueryTimeout(int)
 In source code on Apache Ignite JDBC Driver
(https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/jdbc-driver) we can see that setting a
query timeout not supported:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/jdbc2/JdbcStatement.java