@Pat. You described my situation very well. The only additional thing is
that I am also interested in creating some sort of a profile from the user
with all the information s/he has provided by interacting with the articles
and not only recommending similar items (news) based on a specific input.
Thus, that is why I thought using the output of RowSimilarityJob as the
ItemSimilarity of a ItemBasedRecommender would behave as I want since I use
Mahout dataModel to create that profile.