I don’t know if Cloudera will support Phoenix going forward. There are a few
things that lead me into thinking this.
No activity on a new port of Phoenix 4.6 or 4.7 in Cloudera Labs, as mentioned
below
In the Cloudera Community groups, I got no reply to my question about help
compiling Phoenix 4.7 for CDH
In the Spark Users groups, there’s active discussion about the Spark on HBase
module that was developed by Cloudera and that it will be out in early summer.
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/08/apache-spark-comes-to-apache-hbase-with-hbase-spark-module/

<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/08/apache-spark-comes-to-apache-hbase-with-hbase-spark-module/>

My bet is that Cloudera is going with the Spark solution since it’s their baby,
and it can natviely work with HBase table directly. So, this would mean that
Phoenix is a no-go for CDH going forward? I hope not.

Cheers,
Ben