Hi, i am a beginner too, but as i have learned, hadoop works better with
big files, at least with 64MB, 128MB or even more. I think you need to
aggregate all the files into a new big one. Then you must copy to HDFS
using this command:

hadoop fs -put MYFILE /YOUR_ROUTE_ON_HDFS/MYFILE

hadoop just copy MYFILE into hadoop distributed file system.

Can i recommend you what i have done? go to BigDataUniversity.com and take
the Hadoop Fundamentals I course. It is free and very well documented.

Regards

Alonso Isidoro Roman.

Mis citas preferidas (de hoy) :
"Si depurar es el proceso de quitar los errores de software, entonces
programar debe ser el proceso de introducirlos..."
 -  Edsger Dijkstra

My favorite quotes (today):
"If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming
must be the process of putting ..."
  - Edsger Dijkstra

"If you pay peanuts you get monkeys"