Hi Flavio,

I happened to attend, actually attending the 2014 Apache Conf, I heard a
project called "Apache Phoenix", which fully leverage HBase and suppose to
be 1000x faster than Hive. And it is not memory bounded, in which case sets
up a limit for Spark. It is still in the incubating group and the "stats"
functions spark has already implemented are still on the roadmap. I am not
sure whether it will be good but might be something interesting to check
out.

/usr/bin