Hi Bertrand,

We should probably add a SparkContext.pickleFile and RDD.saveAsPickleFile that
will allow saving pickled objects. Unfortunately this is not in yet, but there
is an issue up to track it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1161.

In 1.0, one feature we do have now is the ability to load binary data from Hive
using Spark SQL’s Python API. Later we will also be able to save to Hive.

Matei